The results of teeth whitening, whether in-office or at-home, are not permanent. You may still experience staining and discoloration if you don’t take care of your teeth.
Here are 6 tips on how to take care of your teeth and keep them sparkling white after a whitening procedure.
- Avoid staining food and drinks. Especially within 48 hours after your whitening procedure, avoid coffee, tea, cola, candies, berries, soy sauce, tomato sauce, ketchup, beets, and products that may stain your teeth.
- Maintain with whitening toothpaste. Daily care is important to maintain those pearly whites. Daily brushing with whitening toothpaste can protect your teeth against discoloration.
- Make good oral hygiene a habit. Brush and floss your teeth regularly, and don’t forget to your dental visits. If you can’t avoid stain-causing products, be sure to rinse or brush your teeth immediately after or if you can’t, rinse with whitening mouthwash.
Book an appointment today
Book with a local dentist that takes the time to treat you. We’re proud to represent our Caloundra & Currimundi community with affordable prices which we list online.
Give us a ring on 07 5358 0413 or book online using the button below.
- Avoid extremes. Avoid extremely hot or cold drinks and foods. These will cause your teeth to expand and contract, making stains penetrate through your enamel so they’re harder to clean off.
- Stop smoking. The nicotine in cigarette can heavily stain your teeth. If you can’t avoid it, use a filter and be sure to brush your teeth more often.
- Keep seeing your dentist. Having sparkly white teeth doesn’t mean you don’t have to see your dentist anymore. A visit to your trusted local dentist every now and then makes sure your pearly whites are not only impeccably white, but also healthy and strong.
For more information about teeth whitening, ask our Sunshine Coast dentists by calling us on 07 5358 0413.