So you’re new to removable dental plates or dentures. These are great ways to replace lost or missing teeth, but you have to take very good care for them to make them last for a long time. After all, they’re a big investment for your appearance, health, and overall quality of life.
Whether you have full or partial removable dental plates, it is important to heed your dentist’s instructions on how to properly care for your new dentures. After all, these are for your comfort and beautiful smile—as well as for the longevity of your new dental plates.
- Don’t forcibly remove or put on your dentures
- Start with soft foods when eating with your new dentures and chew on both sides
- If your mouth is sore due to new dental plates, call your dentist immediately for adjustments
- Soak your dentures in white vinegar dissolved in water to remove tartar build-up
Book an appointment today
Book with a local dentist that takes the time to treat you. We’re proud to represent our Caloundra & Currimundi community with affordable prices which we list online.
Give us a ring on 07 5358 0413 or book online using the button below.
- Remove your dentures at night
- Soak your dental plates in cool water or dental cleaning solution when you’re not wearing them
- Clean your mouth and dental plates after every meal
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste for cleaning, or better yet, use a denture cleanser
Proper care of your dental plates, whether full or partial, allows you to enjoy it for many years before you need to replace them. Still, it’s important to see your dentist every 6 months for check-ups.
To find out more how you can get new removable dental plates, contact us at Battery Hill Dental today.