Dental bonding is a quick, affordable, painless, and non-invasive way of restoring your teeth. If you have small cavities, minor chips, stains, or breakage on your teeth, your cosmetic dentist may recommend tooth bonding for you.
Your new, flawless, and natural-looking smile is not forever, though. You have to properly take care of your tooth bonding to ensure optimum results that last for a long time.
Here are 10 tips on how to maintain your tooth bonding so it looks great for longer.
- Maintain regular tooth-brushing and daily flossing, but use an ultra-soft toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste
- Staining can be more visible in tooth bonded teeth than in natural ones. So avoid staining foods such as coffee, tea, colas, wine, soy sauce, grape juice, blueberries, and beets.
- It you’re committed to keeping your tooth bonding looking great, you should quit smoking now. Nicotine can stain your teeth and it can show more on those with resin material.
Book an appointment today
Book with a local dentist that takes the time to treat you. We’re proud to represent our Caloundra & Currimundi community with affordable prices which we list online.
Give us a ring on 07 5358 0413 or book online using the button below.
- Avoid alcohol-based mouthwash.
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption as this can eventually soften the bonding material on your tooth.
- Avoid directly biting into your food such as ribs, hard bandy, corn, nuts, hard bread, raw carrots, and other foods that may chip or fracture your teeth.
- Don’t open packages with your teeth.
- Avoid nail biting.
- Don’t chew on ice.
- Call your dentist immediately if your teeth gets chipped, fractured or broken. Your dentist can repair minor damages with a touch up.
Dental bonding may be a simple and quick procedure, but it requires skills from your dentist to ensure a natural-looking, flawless smile. Contact your Battery Hill Dental dentist today to schedule an appointment.